Spongy, healthy and delicious! My family love this gluten free carrot cake.
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time45 min
- Total Time1 hr 5 min
- Ready in65 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups of peeled and shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 organic pasture eggs
- the juice of two limes
- 1 mature banana
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of honey
Prepare the Baking Dish
- Use a 9 inches round baking dish (equivalent sizes are: 23 cm round, 2 quarts, or 2 liters). Use tempered oven safe glass, ceramic or other non toxic baking dish.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper large enough to cover the baking dish, wrinkle the paper and extend it to make it pliable.
- Grease the parchment paper with coconut oil.
- Line the baking dish with the parchment paper. The greased side will go towards the cake batter.
- Set it aside.
Preheat The Oven
Preheat the oven at 180 oC or 350 oF
Peel about 4 large organic carrots, and then shred them. Measure 1 1/2 cups of the shreded carrots and place them apart in a small bowl.
The Dry Ingredients
Add the almond flour, the oat flour, the baking soda and the cinnamon to a bowl and set aside.
The Wet Ingredients
- Add the eggs to a Kitchen Aid mixer bowl and mix starting from lever 2 then level 4 until well mixed.
Or use an electric hand mixer and mix the eggs well.
- Add the juice of the two limes and keep mixing.
- With a fork, mash the banana and add it to the egg and lime mix.
- Add the 2 spoons of maple syrup.
- Add the 2 spoons of honey.
Merge the Ingredients
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix them well.
- Add the shredded carrots
Baking the Cake
Bake at 180 oC or 350 oF for 45 minutes.
This cake is so delicious that it does not last long on our table.