Chicken fajitas are usually made with chicken breast, like the recipe here.
But they can also be made the day you make chicken stock.
If you buy a whole chicken, you can butcher the chicken and use the breast, thighs, and leg meat for fajitas. Then the bones and the meat that is left on the bones can be used to make the chicken broth. You can make soup and the main dish (fajitas in this case) with one whole chicken. Buying a whole chicken is less expensive. Then the bones left after straining the broth can be blended in the Vitamix and given as a bone meal to your dog.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time25 min
- 2 tablespoons of organic cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic pressed or finely sliced
- 5 chicken breasts halves cut in thin strips
- salt to taste
- 1 organic orange bell pepper sliced
- 1 organic red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- A bunch of carefully washed and chopped cilantro
- The juice of 2 limes
- Pepper to taste can be added at the end for those not on low salicylate diets.
Preparing the spices
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil in medium heat
Add the onion and the garlic and sauté until translucent.
Add the sliced chicken and add salt and pepper
When the chicken is half cooked add the bell peppers (orange, red, and green).
Cook the chicken thoroughly until it gets to 175 F and cook for 5 minutes.
Take it out of the flame and cover the pan with a lid.
Your fajitas are ready! Serve them hot,