Are you searching for something natural to sooth you and shorten your cold?
You may love this recipe adapted from my grandmother’s tea for colds, I remember her making a version of this tea and caring for me when I wasn’t feeling well.
Recipe for infusion for a cold or flu
- one onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of Elder Berries (Elder Berries)
- A cinnamon stick
- 2 stars anis
- A piece of sliced ginger (about 2 inches)
- Place all the ingredients in a pot.
- Add 2 liters of water and put it on the stove to heat until it begins to boil.
- Lower the temperature and simmer in the lowest heat for about 30 minutes or until the garlic, onion and ginger becomes sweet and translucent. (cover the pot and add water if it evaporates).
- When ready, put everything in a thermo, so you can continue drinking at night. *
- You can sip this infusion all day and night. When serving, add raw honey (Manuka Honey preferably) and a few drops of lemon to taste.
Ideas that help me when I have a cold
Keep warm. Research shows that warm bodies recover faster.
- vitamin C
- Vitamin complex.
- Broth meat or chicken with vegetables and add lemon or lime juice.
- Stay away from sweet foods (this helps with the immune system).
- Eat a whole foods diet, and perhaps a bit lower in carbohydrates than your usual. All pathogens like sugars and carbs.
- Eat sauerkraut or kimchi.
- Salt water gargles.
- Biocidin spray